I honestly expected that my next post would include adorable pictures of our new little bundle of joy instead of the insane rantings of a crazy woman, but ranting it is! I feel like I have experienced all the phases of a mental breakdown in the last week. First oblivious optimism, when my doctor told me there was no way I would make it through the weekend with out having this baby and I believed him! Only suckers believe that junk. Then there was the anger stage, which many of you may have experienced when making comments to me like "You haven't had that baby yet?" or "Any day now!" After that was the pouting on the couch phase in which I refused to answer my phone or respond to text messages for most of the weekend. Yesterday I started making threats to my poor little baby. I told him that I better be a mother by Mother's day, or he would regret it. He apparently thought I was bluffing so, take a good look at the picture below, because Keane will be wearing that outfit for the first year of his life. I plan on taking thousands of pictures of him in it to torture him with every time he has a date in high school.

Now I have moved on to the bitter sarcasm phase. I feel that I am quite justified in this phase, and that most of my comments are totally deserved! Its great getting comments all over my facebook, blog, in the chapel after sacrament meeting, at the dinner table, anywhere really, about how to get labor started. Even my parents had to weigh in! (Of course my mother used her own vocabulary and suggested 'being intimate') Really?!!! Do we look that stupid? We obviously figured out how to get into this mess in the first place, so lets just assume we were smart enough to think of that one on our own and leave it at that! The next person that suggests that option should take a good look at the picture above, because the outfit I make them wear will be way worse!
8 comments:
why are you so bitter? isn't being pregnant what you have always wanted? (im just kidding, please don't kill me)
So... you still haven't had that baby yet?
You know I hear that being "intimate" can really help get labor started!
But seriously- what's with your kid? Stubborn like his momma it looks like.
LOL. What a cute post, or I should not find humor in your emotional roller coaster. I am never been prego so I have no advice. I think shopping cures everything....:)
I understand you pain!!!!! As a pregnant person on her third, I NEVER ask a fellow pregnant woman, how are you feeling? you haven't had that baby yet? and all those other stupid questions. I mean seriously what do people think, can't they see.
Umm...yea, I had my baby a few days ago, I just still look pregnant and I'm not holding my child......seriously people! and how do they think you feel? Trust me I feel your pain.....just starting punching, hehehe
i think the way to get it all started is a pedicure, i've seen it happen more than once. pedicure then by that night you are in labor, my sister in law didn't even get to the car before her water broke. then you even have pretty toes for labor. oh and don't worry if you feet are fat, I find joy in the fact that someone has to rub my fat feet and be miserable about it just the way I'm miserable! =)
Sherri arent you due today on the 12th? Kendall didn't come until her due date and many of my other friends babies came several days late. It is just a guess at the best date that they can give you. Believe me soak up the last bit of rest that you will have for the next 18-20 some years :).
As for advice I'll stop at saying that my solution was to have my gut cut open and leave it at that. Not much for advice, but I think that's what your aiming for.
But I agree with Audrey, the kids probably just as stubborn as his mom or maybe he just "forgot the password" as my little guy did.
What is your doctor thinking!?!? If you've gone over your due date, I'd start demanding an induction. That kid is only getting bigger. Stupid doctor. Have you had any contractions. When mine started with Quinn they were real sporadic so I ran up and down the stairs for twenty minutes. Sorry to say that although Haydan came on her due date, I've heard most first babies are a little late. (Not what you want to hear, I know!) Anyway...I love Keane's room! That tree is amazing. Did you have a stencil, or just your imagination? It looks great!
The last week of pregnancy is always the worst! Funny how seven days can feel more like seven years.
Post a Comment