Thursday, May 21, 2009

Keane!!!!!!!

At last, Keane has finally decided to make his grand entrance! He had it planned out all along. I started into labor (for the third time) Thursday morning, but was ignoring it until I passed out because up to that point, contractions had been getting me no where. I had a doctors appointment in the morning where I was informed I was in the early stages of labor and we were just waiting for my contractions to get stronger. That would be encouraging, except that is the same thing they had been telling me for 3 weeks! I then went to the hospital for routine monitoring of me and the baby because we have had such a crazy 3 weeks and while there, my contractions were measuring 3 minutes apart. I told the nurse I would not be admitted unless she gave me the guarantee that I would not get sent home again! They admitted me an hour later and things kept progressing nicely. After about 3 hours of good contraction fun, I met my new best friend-the anasthesiologist who gave me my epideral and many other fabulous drugs for the rest of the day and night. After 10 hours of 2 1/2 minute apart contraction and being pumped full of everything know to man to make labor progress, it became obvious that this kid was not coming out on his own. By that time I was fading fast and his heartbeat was dropping so, we decided a C-section was our best option. They wheeled me into the operating room at 12:00 am and Keane was born at 12:21 am on his daddy's birthday. I guess he was waiting around for something! He is a big healthy baby boy at 9 lbs 6 oz and 21 inches long. The newborn clothes we brought to the hospital to bring him home in were totally too small, so we looked like major rookies taking him home with his clothes half on! He is home now and doing great and the last two nights he has even let Dan and I sleep a little bit! Here are a few pic Dan took while at the hospital!


Keane's big weigh in! I am still amazed he fit in my stomach somehow!!!!


All dressed and ready to leave the operating room!


Not as big a fan of the water as his Daddy!




Don't worry, there are about 1,000 more of these to come... (Pictures, not babies!)

7 comments:

David & Audrey said...

HE IS SO CUTE! He's a chubby baby! I love it. I can't wait to meet him soon!

the murdocks said...

SHERRI! Beautiful boy, beautiful pictures. Wow...you are a champ..all that labor. Congrats (once again) on your lil' sweetheart. I cannot wait to meet him. But mostly I can't wait to see you guys! Oh and cheers to large babies. That's all I'm capable of delivering...so join the club. But of course in my opinion...the chubbier, the cuter :) There's no denying it.

The1stdaughter said...

Congrats! I am still baffled that Keane was bigger than Jace, because it just doesn't seem possible...you must be lying. JK. So glad to hear everything worked out and I hope we can get down to see you guys soon now that we are in Cali!

Sarah said...

Sherri - congratulations!!! I know it was hard to wait. I can't believe that baby fit inside your little belly! No wonder he couldn't get out, he was too crammed in there. He's an adorable boy. I love the pictures Dan took in the hospital. He has a great eye! Or is he a photographer as well as an artist?

bryan and megan said...

Congratulations on your beautifull baby boy! And how fun to be born on his daddy's birthday!! I bet daddy isn't proud!!! :) He is adorable. Hope things are going well, and take advantage of that sleep!!!!

The Stringham's said...

HAHA LOVE the last comment Sher!! And I LOVE to see pics from the hospital-their first couple of days. It's amazing how much their look changes from then over the next year! I'm so excited for you guys!!

March Madness said...

Hooray! He is adorable! Must be such a relief to be ten pounds lighter. May the ankles return to their former glory!