Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Waiting around for Keane...

It's been a long week waiting for this baby to make his grand appearance! After the commotion last week we were expecting him at any minute, but it seems that once everything got resolved, he has decided he is way to comfortable to try that again and he is going to hang out as long as possible.

In the meantime, I have realized a horrible new vice. On Sunday during our lesson we were talking about coveting and the teacher asked what kind of things we covet. The first thing that popped into my mind was "ankles." I have rarely thought about my ankles through my life, or anyone else's for that matter, but lately I have become super jealous of anyone with ankles! I noticed while sitting in the waiting room of my doctor's office that everyone one there had ankles except me! One chick even had on the cutest pair of gladiator sandals with 2 straps around her little ankles! Are you kidding me?!!! Last night Dan and I went for our walk and my feet were too fat for my socks!!!!!! The only strappy sandals I can fit into are my flip flops and even those aren't fitting so well. I had to dig to even find a picture of my ankles in my former life. (I mean who takes pictures of their ankles?) It makes me sad to see my ankle bones, but hopeful that one day soon, I will see them again. Poor Keane is going to be tortured with these pictures every time he is in trouble and getting the "do you know what I went through for you" lecture. Here are the before and after shots!

BEFORE:


AFTER:

8 comments:

Ryan and Jessica said...

Wow you weren't kidding! Ha Ha! You have McKree feet! I remember the cankels also but I also remember just a couple days after I had Macey I was in the shower and I wanted to sing at the top of my lungs, (the angels were singing) just because i had ankels AGAIN! I could actually see them. Just remember this too, must pass!
P.S. I'm allowed to giggle just a little, anyone else? You might get the wrath of Jessica! Don't even think about it.

Carley said...

Oh, Sherri! Ouch! Don't worry, your ankles come back quickly. It is the other stuff that takes longer!;) Get a good foot and ankle massage and maybe you'll have that baby sooner rather than later! (I'm pretty sure sooner is not a word except in my dictionary!)

The1stdaughter said...

Oh no! Sherri, I have to admit, I have the same before and after shots from when I had Jace. It didn't happen the second time around, thankfully! So, here's to hoping that this will be the only time you have to deal with this and the next baby will go easy on your poor ankles.

Tracy Elder said...

Poor Sherri!! I give you major props for posting about this topic! I don't think I'd be woman enough to blog about my own flaws. Don't worry, Keane WILL come out...eventually. Hey, maybe you will be lucky enough to have the little rascal stay inside for an extra 2 weeks, like my little Kaelin. hahaha. torture!

Nancy said...

Oh my heck! You poor thing. I hope that your ankles make a grand appearance like you little guy soon.

David & Audrey said...

Ha ha ha ha! You're right that was a hilarious post!

Michelle Overton said...

Oh Sherri,
I remember this so well. I applaud you for posting the pictures. I wanted to hide my feet. You are awesome!

Bryce and Sally said...

You are so stinking funny! I never knew you were so witty. Your poor ankles - Shea got swollen ankles with her baby too...it's amazing the small things you miss while waiting for your little baby to surface. Good luck!! My prayers are with you for your ankles to return to normal!! =)