I must preface this with a warning that what follows may make me sound like an obese couch potato of a house wife who is addicted to her TV, but the response I got from Dish Network was way to funny not to post. Yesterday morning, I turned on the TV to stare at while I ate my cherrios and there was an error message on my screen. I followed the instructions on screen to fix the problem, but that didn't work so I called tech support. Of course I was kindly directed through a series of steps by a man named "John" with a distinct accent. The conclusion to our call was that our box was deffective and John would be shipping us a new one in 5 business day. On top of that, my account will be charged for the shipping costs and I will have 10 days to send back the old box or I will be charged again. I asked "John" why I was being charged for his company's deffective equipment? He said he understood my concerns and started reading his script again about how I would be charged, so I figured that was going no where and I would have to contact customer service directly. Their website reccommended an email, so I sent them an email. This was the prompt response I got:

It may be the funniest customer service I have ever seen! I understand using a generic form for responding to complaints, but aren't you supposed to FILL IN THE BLANKS before you send it? Or maybe there really is a John Doe that works customer service and has the same 555 phone number that I used to pass out in high school? I will email him at support@your domain.com to find out! I will make sure to sign my email "firstname" so he knows who it is from!
(By the way, Dan has concerns that we are not allowed to post anything on a blog that isn' t about our baby, but since he is still killing time waiting to make his appearance, we have to talk about other things.)
2 comments:
Ha Ha! That is too funny. I am having issue's with Dish right now too but I guess that I won't been sending them an email.
Hello Firstname.
We canceled our Dish Network when we moved into our house(2 years ago)and they told they would send us a box to send the equipment back in. They never sent it and I kept calling them to tell them to send it. They told me they would have to charge me for the box to send it in and the equipment (like 500.00$). I told them no, and it is still sitting in our garage.!
Jerks!
Post a Comment