Thursday, September 18, 2008

July?

So I know you have all been waiting patiently for our next post, and I hate to disappoint, but July may not have been worth the wait. Before I sat down to write this, Dan and I had to wrack our brains to remember if anything significant happened in July and we came up with a solid "No." The best we could do was Dan's attempted fight with a homeless man which produced one of my favorite Dan quotes of all time. One bland week day, Dan had dropped our car off at the dealership for a routine service and was waiting at the street for his ride back to work. While he was waiting, he watched an older homeless (we assume by his behavior and dress) man cross the street wearing an amazing ensemble of running shorts, stripped tube socks and a crazy jacket (pretty much my outfit every day of high school.) The man paid no attention to Dan and when he reached Dan's side of the street decided to take a pee on the bus stop there. Dan being a concerned citizen said something like, "What do you think you are doing?! You can't just pee here!" To which the crazy man replied something like, "Oh, don't try to be a hero..." The man then finished peeing and a bit of a verbal scuffle followed between he and Dan. At this point of Dan's story I am asking him what he was thinking starting a fight with a crazy man, who knows what he could have done! To this Dan replied, "Look I like to think I could take anyone with a comb over so stop worrying about it!" Thems fightin words there!

No comments: