Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mac N Cheese

So this week I decided to be the "cool" mom and make Dan's favorite lunch for my boys. Dan's favorite lunch of course being Mac and Cheese and Yum Yum Dino Buddies, dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. (Which he claims are made from real dinosaur, but taste more like hot dogs to me...) I usually don't let Keane eat the junk that his parents eat, but this time I thought he would appreciate a little treat. This is the response I got instead.



He hated the Mac n Cheese so much he felt the need to rub it all over in his hair and spit out any of it that found its way to his mouth just to prove his point.



He meant business!



He even made faces at the breading on the chicken and kept trying to spit it out. For those of you who have seen Keane eat, you know he must have been mad to spit out food! All he wanted to eat was broccolli. I'm not naive enough to think that his preferences for healthy food will really last, but for now I am giving up on being the cool mom and going back to making veggies and grilled chicken!

3 comments:

Tracy Elder said...

hehehe too cute!

David & Audrey said...

Cool mom FAIL!

Ryan and Jessica said...

What the heck Keano! Don't you know you've got to keep up that figure if your going to have any chance of hanging with the Farnsworths? We don't eat veggies around here. I guess Dan can come over here and appreciate his mac n cheese and chicken nuggets with EE. They might just become BFF's.