Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January

This month I have discovered the one phrase a pregnant woman NEVER wants to hear: "OHHHHH Look how big you're getting!!!"
Yes, I am well aware of that, since I just probably spent 20 minutes changing outfits to find something that doesn't look so tight the seams will rip or so big that I feel like I am wearing a trash bag! Don't get me wrong, I like my baby belly, I think it is cute, and I don't mind comments on it, but I think the wording is crucial. One of my receptionists the other day said to me, "You are so lucky! You don't look big at all, you just have this cute belly!" Now that is what I want to hear! I have gotten tons of requests lately for pictures of the belly, so here is my belly journal! Our camera broke and hopefully we get a new one tonight, in the mean time we just have to suffer with pictures from my phone.

18 Weeks

20 Weeks

24 Weeks

6 comments:

Tracy Elder said...

haha!!! I hate those comments!!! Im pretty sure I even expressed how much people suck when they say those things at last Enrichment night. by the way...will i be seeing you there tonight?

Carley said...

You look great! When I was pregnant, this girl I worked with keep saying I was huge. Huge and pregnant are not the same thing. I wanted to kick her but then she got pregnant so I could call her huge. Hey, what goes around comes around!

Sarah said...

Look how cute you are!! I think you look great :)

bryan and megan said...

Can I just say that you look GREAT! I wish I could have been that tiny. I know what you mean about the comments. Being pregnant you are definatley going to get a belly, people just need to be a little more tactful with their comments. When I was pregnant with Oakleigh I really didn't get that big at all. I wore my regular clothes my whole pregnancy, but people still make comments when you are small, like are you eating enough, where are you hiding that baby, is that baby getting enough to eat. We can never win. But I am sooooo excited for you guys!

David & Audrey said...

Ohhh! Your getting so big!
I am so funny!

Kari and Robert said...

these prego pictures need to be updated! woohoo! i'm so glad i found your blog!